- Who can take out books from the library?
Staff members of tenant agencies have borrowing privileges, however outside uses can visit the library and use the resources.
- How do I search the collection?
To search the Library’s Catalog, go to http://interchurch-center.library.net
- When does the air conditioning get turned on?
Cooling season is from May 15 - October 15 (depending on the weather)
- When does heating season start?
Heating is during the remainder of the year (depending on the weather)
- Do you have immunization for overseas travel? If so, which ones?
- How much does it cost?
- Do I need to make an appointment or can I just drop by?
You need to make an appointment. Please call 212-870-3053.
- What is the wireless passcode in the lobby area?
SSID is guest@interchurch Open a web browser and it should redirect you to a log in page.
User: guest Passcode: guest475
- I am locked out of my voice mail box, how can I reset it?
Call ex. 3012 to have an admin reset your pin to the default pin 12345.
- Are the concerts open to the public?
- Can I sing in the choir/chorus?
Yes, anyone can join the Gospel Choir. For the Choral Choir, some previous experience is needed. Please refer to the Music at The Interchurch Center page.
- What are the hours of the The Spot? (the Café open to all):
Continental Breakfast – 7:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Hot breakfast – 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Coffee and Snacks: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- What time does the building open and close? (At both entrances.)
7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Is the Chapel open to the public for meditation during the day?
Yes. The Chapel is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- Can I hold an event in one of your event spaces?
Yes, upon approval or tenant sponsorship
- Do I need to be a non-profit?
Yes, you need to be a certified 501C3
- I’m an artist. Can I have an art exhibit and reception?
- Where is the lactation room located?
On the second floor, next to the ladies room. For the key, ask the receptionist in Room 240.
- What are the hours of the Wellness Center?
9:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- When are your exercise classes and how to do I sign up?
Call the wellness center for the next session.
- When are your Zumba and Feldenkrais classes and how to do I sign up?
Zumba is offered from 5:00 - 6:OO p.m. usually during the summer. Feldenkrais classes are held on Fridays from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. These classes are on a first come first serve.
- How do I apply to become a tenant?
Be a certified 501C 3 organization
Schedule an appointment to discuss space availability call or email:
Paula M. Mayo, President/Executive Director
or Timothy Hogan, Senior Property Manger
- What are the benefits of renting space? Who do I contact with questions?
The Interchurch Center is a Class A facility with high quality state of the art systems in an exceptional location
The rents are significantly below market rates and includes: electricity, cleaning services and 24/7 access. For more information contact us.
- Can I take a tour?
Yes, you can schedule an appointment with the President or Senior Property Manager for a tour.
- For building orientation, can I watch a webinar instead?
No, not at this time. Building orientations are scheduled for every third Thursday of each month in Suite 240. For further information or to sign up call The Interchurch Center 212.870.2200.
- How can I reserve a room for a meeting or event?
Contact Rachel Rivera, Tenant Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I learn CPR/AED?
The Interchurch Center offers free CPR/AED classes to its tenants to learn more contact TIC Wellness Center.
- How do I refill my Ziptic card?
It couldn't be easier to replenish money on to your ZipTic account. In addition to adding money at the cash registers click here and follow the instructions.
- What does The Interchurch Center do?
The Interchurch Center is a unique venue which houses offices of various Christian churches, world religions, ecumenical and interreligious institutes, as well as missionary, charitable, social service and educational organizations. As a symbol of growing Christian unity and interfaith relations, the Center promotes cooperation among these bodies and visitors by providing a stimulation environment with art displays and exhibits, music programs and worship services. Facilities include a chapel, library, conference rooms, dining room, café and other common space.
- Whom is The Interchurch Center Affiliated with?
The Interchurch Center is affiliated primarily with its tenant agencies, many with which it co-sponsors events and programs. This affiliation also extends to institutions and individuals outside the building. In particular The Center is affiliated with the Morningside Heights community, its houses of worship, its educational and cultural institutions and their social outreach.
- Does Interchurch mean Interfaith?
No. The term ‘interchurch’ is intra-Christian; that is, it refers to Christian relations. It refers to relations between and among churches, which are represented by their members who speak on their behalf. Broadly speaking, the term ‘interchurch’ means ‘ecumenical’. The term ‘interfaith’ refers to relations between and among religions; that is, between and among the world’s living faiths and religious traditions. Broadly speaking, the term ‘interfaith’ is interchangeable with the term ‘interreligious’. ‘Interreligious’ is preferred by some religious bodies which describe their self-understanding in terms of a religious tradition or a religious philosophy rather than a religion or a faith.